Surety Bond Territory Underwriter
Surety bond division of AM Best A rated publicly traded insurer seeks a senior regional surety underwriter for California territory focused on marketing, managing and underwriting new and existing surety bond business. All premium is derived from agencies and brokers. This position involves an existing region with active bond premium to be managed while continuing to build further.
Under limited oversight and working autonomously you’ll underwrite accounts based on authority level granted to the role and underwriting appetite. Residency in Southern or Northern California equally considered.
This position offers accelerated path toward branch management commensurate with performance results
- Minimum Seven to ten years’ experience in contract surety underwriting and agent development suitable for managing a region semi-autonomously.
- Four year college degree is required; majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics are preferred.
- Must demonstrate the strong analytical skills needed to evaluate new submissions for acceptability within company underwriting parameters.
- Experienced in new market development; ability to prospect, appoint and manage producer relationships to achieve production and profitability objectives.
- Existing broker and agency relationships or familiarity within the assigned geographic region.
- Independently exhibit initiative with strong focus on results.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening, and interpersonal skills to effectively develop/maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- Be actively engaged in additional industry and professional development and designations
This Position Offers:
- Generous base salary commensurate with California cost of living needs
- Hiring or sign on bonus of consideration based on individual criteria
- Company car and expense account
- Retirement plan and complete medical/health benefits
- Appropriate local authority level to enhance solid agent relationships and underwriting opportunities