Specialty-focused, Bridgewater, New Jersey based insurance company seeks a reinsurance analyst with proven ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional capacity while providing analytical and quantitative support for product development, financial analysis, management reporting, and other research. This position will extract and integrate data from various databases to analyze and develop reports and spreadsheets.
- Ensure that program and reinsurance contracts are properly administered and accounted for on an “end-to-end” basis; review the accuracy of the reinsurance attachment criteria and create post-binding deal summary reports for each program
- Record and reconcile cash transactions (e.g., ceded premium payments, ceded loss collections, premium adjustments, etc.) on a scheduled basis; prepare reinsurance premium payments and ceded loss notices/billings, including calculation of reinstatement premiums; quantify amounts due related to program and reinsurance contracts to support the monthly financial close
- Maintain program and reinsurance documentation in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures; identify and remediate program data errors to support the monthly underwriting audit process
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Legal, FP&A, Business Development, Finance, IT, etc.) to complete various ad-hoc assignments; assist in the preparation, analysis, and review of periodic data calls
- Experience with various primary and reinsurance forms; ability to interpret and elevate coverage terms and conditions; understanding of personal and commercial lines, excess of loss, quota share, and facultative contracts; experience with managing general agent contracts. Experience with schedules F & P (for reporting claims) is a big plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills capable of creating exposure reports, audit templates, process and underwriting checklists, and settlement statements; ability to review and efficiently identify data errors, cleans data, sort, quantify and create reports for internal underwriting analysis; working knowledge of Power BI and SQL
- Experience interacting and communicating with brokers, underwriters, reinsurers, and/or regulatory bodies; organized, clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings; identify market trends; use online market research and catalogue findings to databases; experience using LexisNexis, SNL, and/or Advisen
This is a full-time, exempt position based in brand new Bridgewater, New Jersey corporate Headquarters. Position includes a highly competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401K contribution, bonus eligibility, and professional development benefits
Job Posting - Reinsurance Analyst
IRES, Inc., Telephone No.704-243-2110
Job Posting - Reinsurance Analyst - Bridgewater, NJ for specialty lines. Call 704-243-2110 for an immediate interview!