Assistant Vice President
National Commercial Surety FILLED
Our client, a mid-sized, Mid-West based, A rated, publicly traded, national insurance carrier specializing in both auto, home and specialty commercial lines is now seeking an Assistant Vice President of its national Commercial Surety Bond segment.
A unique aspect of this opportunity is the ability to work from home initially to ease the transitional period.
Here’s what’s needed in order to qualify:
- 6-10 years of managing commercial surety from either a large single state or regional capacity
- Specific focus of experience should be on small to mid-sized commercial surety bond opportunities within the $10mm to $20mm capacity range (limits can be increased on case by case basis predicated on account quality)
- Ability to cultivate and develop both existing and new agent relationships in current states of admission
- Ability to pursue rate filing as we expand from our 40 to 50 state footprint
- Recruiting, mentoring, hiring and supervisory experience a big preference
- Ability to travel 3-4 days per month or once weekly (no more than 20% travel)
What is offered:
- Latest in automated system design to facilitate agent participation
- Competitive agency commissions, with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier incentives beyond standard percentages
- Flexible work arrangement to allow working from home initially
- Salary to $140k plus auto and incentive bonus plan
- Compensation Package potential to $192k value
What else you should know:
Unique about this opportunity is the family friendly, professional and pleasant company culture derived from a calm, thoughtful, Mid-Western management style. This position reports to national Vice President of the surety division, a 30 year veteran with major Top 10 surety underwriting experience.
You will have the resources to hire, expand, and build out our commercial surety platform nationally while being the key influencer of this segment.
For more information, call our search consultant at: