Chicago Regional Contract Surety Bond Manager
A rated AM Best publicly traded specialty insurance company is seeking a regional contract bond manager to oversee contract surety in the greater Chicago area. This position will have 1-2 direct reports.
- Market to agency force, establishing and developing solid agency relationships. Conduct underwriting meetings. Mediate issues between agents, insured’s, and other departments. Provide exceptional customer service.
- Evaluate new business and renewal submissions from underwriting staff to determine appropriateness. Underwrite accounts that exceed field authority. Prepare and submit concise, fully-developed underwriting recommendations, as required, for submission to management.
- Supervise, coordinate, and monitor activities of staff to ensure accurate, quality work, while maintaining high production standards.
- Monitor and ensure the achievement of the region’s profitability goals and keeps abreast of current market conditions that affect business levels.
- Uses bond system automation and enhancements to improve efficiencies within assigned region.
- 5 to 10 years minimum of broad knowledge of small to medium sized contract surety underwriting experience dealing with small to medium sized contractors. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers/peers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- College degree in financial-related area such as accounting, finance, business administration, or marketing preferred.
Unique Company Aspects
- Stock program
- Profit sharing
- Performance bonus
- Generous salary
*SENIOR CONTRACT BOND UNDERWRITERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY**
Job Posting Regional Surety Contract Bond Manager
IRES, Inc., Telephone No.704-243-2110
Job opening for a Regional Surety Contract Bond Manager in Chicago, IL.