The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing a portion of a multi-billion dealer portfolio of reinsurance companies and associated collateral. This requires timely and comprehensive financial analysis to evaluate credit risk and assess the adequacy of collateral supporting outstanding obligations. Use of proprietary databases, external news and data sources, and successful interaction with clients and constituents is essential.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on insurance, reinsurance, and related partner companies involved in a large portfolio.
- Manage all aspects of the collateral being held, including collateral adequacy, reserve projections, compliance with statutory requirements, and proper reflection in reports and databases.
- Maintain relationship with reinsurers, program managers and other counterparties; interact with various levels of management, internally and externally.
- Prepare presentations and reports on an on-going basis.
- Special projects, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years or more of broad credit analysis, financial analysis, loan write-ups or similar experience from either a banking or commercial lending environment
- Any experience at all dealing with insurance companies (reinsurers, brokers, independent agencies) as part of your lending portfolio is of great interest
- Capable of managing multiple competing and often changing priorities.
- Maintains high standards
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Master’s Degree, CPA or CFA required (or in the process of completing)
- Insurance experience strongly desired (either as client assignment, employer)
- Property and casualty insurance experience required (either prior experience in insurance before entering lending, or lending to insurance entities)