INSURANCE AUDITOR – NORTH ATLANTA, GA
Alpharetta, Georgia based specialty insurance company is seeking someone to visit branch offices, mostly located in the Eastern U.S., and audit specialty insurance underwriting practices.
Specializing with excess and surplus (specialty) lines including trucking, contractors, contract surety, and specialty personal lines, our insurance auditor will meet with branch managers and re-review underwriting practices and guidelines.
- Develop annual audit plan
- Communicating with corporate managers while assuring quality standards are met at the branch level
- Manage and train audit trainees and staff
- Assure compliance measures are being adhered to by office personnel and underwriters
- Provide a “second set” of oversight to branch offices representing home office
This position requires ability to travel each month on what can be one or two day overnight trips. Most locations are East of the Mississippi.
- 4 year degree with major in finance, insurance, business or similar
- 10 years’ experience in insurance, underwriting, underwriting supervision, or accounting management with clear understanding of underwriting guidelines or premium accounting
- Additional designation such as CIA, CPA, or ARM, CPCU a big plus
This position offers a generous six-figure salary, expenses, and an assortment of fringe benefits including health insurance, retirement, and more.