Chief Technology Officer – FILLED
Position: Chief Technology Officer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Up to $200K
Responsible for the long range direction of the organization’s technology function including current and long-term goals of the organization’s technology department. Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management and implementation of an enterprise-wide technology infrastructure. Establishes and directs the goals, policies and procedures for the information technology department and determines the organization’s long term systems needs and hardware acquisitions needed to accomplish the organization’s business objectives. Maintain technology standards for the organization. Directs the activities necessary to keep the technology infrastructure running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of all projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of projects. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
Defines and implements IT quality assurance practices and procedures. Responsible for planning and directing quality assurance policies, programs and initiatives. Develops and tracks operational metrics for the quality assurance function. Directs the design and implementation of IT services.
Requires at least 15 years of experience in the information technology field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Leads and directs the work of all members of the IT Department reports to CEO/COO.
- 10 Years minimum of Technology & Project Management Experience
- Experience working in fast-paced, professional environment and the ability to manage a portfolio of projects of different complexities and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines by leading, prioritizing and delegating multiple projects and tasks working with in-house developers while managing external development teams, if necessary
- Insurance system experience to include rating systems, websites, online applications, accounting systems and customer management systems
- Extensive experience planning, estimating, budgeting and executing IT Projects
- Ability to manage scope, cost, time, quality and stakeholders expectations
- Need to be well versed in conflict resolution, change management and risk management
- Experience in developing web, window and client server applications using Microsoft.net technologies with SQL server and oracle databases
- Knowledgeable in MS Windows Server 2003, 2008, XP7, XP (on servers, peripheral equipment and PCs), Exchange 2003, 2010, SQL 2005, 2008, MS operating systems XP, 7, Citrix, MS IIS, Backup Exec, Veeam, Palo Alto, Routing and switch configuration. Supports remote connectivity for systems including Citrix, VPN and Terminal Server
- Experience managing IT Staff. Specifically the ability to manage a diverse group of IT Specialists and allocate resources accordingly
- Ability to evaluate and manage outside vendors including creating and presenting Cost Benefits Analysis, ROI and Build vs. Buy Analysis to executive management team
- Experience managing and maintaining hardware, network, voice/phone systems, VOIP (voice over IP) and upgrades for all remote locations
- Oversee network and internet security of the organization
About the Company
We are a rapidly growing, profitable company with capital reserves and operation capital that is being invested heavily in our growth and future.
We are now pursuing a multi-year plan to expand key divisions by over 20% annually throughout the U.S.
With just under 1/2 billion in revenue and under 100 employees, we have the best of both worlds: Large company challenges and benefits with small company, lean/thin management structure that allows for rapid decision making.
This is a confidential search being managed by our retained executive search firm, www.iresinc.com
IRES is authorized to release our company name only to qualified and interested parties who have expressed a desire to move forward with the interview process.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL CALLS AND CONTACT/INQUIRES TO: