Director of Property Insurance
Wholesale Excess and Surplus Lines
Located in the prestigious, and easily commutable downtown financial district of Chicago, with views of the Willis Tower (Sears tower), our Central U.S. E&S property insurance division is seeking a Director of Underwriting.
You will be working for one of the nation’s “A” Rated excess and surplus lines property & casualty underwriters which specializes on a distribution channel that utilizes wholesale brokers. Your experience with property E&S and the regional wholesale brokers network will be called upon while you manage and run the territory as you see appropriate for achieving year over year goals.
With our annual underwriting at just under $250 million our company and our multiple branches both in the U.S. and abroad, provide competitive products unavailable through standard channels while bringing rapid broker-response services and operating more nimbly and efficiently than our larger competitors.
In sum this is a great opportunity to work for a mid-sized insurer that places a higher appreciation and premium on our regional managers, while offering larger company work environment and bonus opportunity.
What this position requires:
- 5-10 years of property lines underwriting with E&S specialty coverages
- Must have experience dealing with wholesale brokers
- Experience working with reinsurers will receive favorable recognition
- Additionally familiarity & experience working with actuaries, claims, legal and IT in an indirect capacity is highly preferred
- Appropriate college education and/or certifications
What this position involves:
- You will oversee the entire central region of the U.S. involving a multi-million dollar book of business focused on property E&S lines
- Work directly with wholesale brokers, assist with new product development
- Work internally with other departments to achieve year over year goals
- Be responsible for year-over-year production goals and improving on current annual premium values
- Supervise staff and assist with possible additional hiring
- Work independently with offsite manager located in another U.S. territory
This position offers:
- Competitive, mid-lower-six-figure salary plus generous performance bonus
- Ability to manage your region as you see fit
- Manage and run your own “shop” with autonomy and no daily supervision
- Receive systems, IT, and other support from home office to help you reach your objectives
Email updated MS Word resume for confidential evaluation to