Senior Vice President
Underwriting & Marketing
Half century old Southeastern specialty insurance company with just under 200 employees is now seeing a key senior role which reports directly to the company President.
As Senior Vice President of underwriting and marketing, this position will interact on a daily basis with:
- Insurance company underwriters and managers
- Key accounts and agent relations
- Lloyds of London as well as other E&S providers
This position is responsible for negotiating rates, guidelines and terms with our represented P&C underwriting companies resulting from dialogue and relationship development.
In turn this position will have several direct reports including a VP of P&C (commercial lines) as well as a VP of Personal Lines insurance. A total team will consist of about 40 individuals including marketers and underwriters.
This position will be responsible for:
- Establishing and communicating underwriting guidelines as required by insurance companies
- Develop new products or enhancements based on opportunity
- Guide new hire as well as training
- Assist with staff career development, productivity, business retention and training
- Demonstrate a high degree of systems savvy to make best use of automated systems
- Work with other departments such as finance or IT to enhance efficiencies
- Work with our key Underwriting contacts
This position requires at a minimum:
- 10 years of Excess and Surplus lines brokering, sales, marketing and/or underwriting experience
- E&S experience from either a carrier/underwriter (company) or Managing General Underwriter (with signatory and underwriting authority)
- Strong General Lines knowledge including auto, transportation, Commercial multi-line, Property and casualty is necessary for success in this role.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as necessary
- Masters and CPCU or similar designation strongly preferred
Company offers a generous base salary in the multi-six figure range along with performance bonus and consideration. Additionally this is a key role to impact future company direction and achieve rounding out your career.