Regional Insurance Sales Agent – State of Illinois – FILLED
Great opportunity to work for a multi-state, specialty business-to-business insurance provider with nearly twenty years of growth throughout the central U.S.
We provide unique coverage products to banks, financial institutions, credit unions, etc.
If you have at least 1-2 years of B2B (business to business) sales experience and understand the management layers of a typical bank, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We offer competitive base salary, company car allowance/expenses, commission potential to exceed above and beyond salary.
Make your own calls. Set your own appointments. Organize your own calendar while working from home.
Minimum requirements are:
- BS or BA 4 year degree
- 3 years minimum of sales or marketing experience
- 2-3 years of experience selling insurance (commercial P&C)
- In lieu of above insurance sales experience, internal experience working with a bank, credit union or lending institution may be considered if you also possess a sales aptitude
- Ability to pass a sales aptitude test
- Ability to drive (clean record)
- Desire to pursue Illinois P&C license if you don’t already possess one (company will assist in your securing this)
- Must reside in Illinois
- Able to endure long term high-stakes sales cycle which can be 2-6 months to a year or more
- **MUST HAVE knowledge of typical bank or lending institution management layers either from past history of selling to banks/Financial Institutions or working within one in some capacity**
Sample Weekly Routine
- You will be calling on banking executives and mortgage portfolio managers
- Arranging for face to face meetings to explain company’s products
- Able to identify proper management channels and organize sales pipeline
- Use Outlook, Power Point , Excel etc. for presentations and progress tracking
- Work from home – requires self-discipline and maintaining goals
- Upload and discuss information with home office semi-weekly
- Travel 2-4 days weekly along with some overnight travel
What is offered
- Base salary to $62,000 (can be over six figures when including commissions beginning years 2-3)
- Commission package based on performance
- Company car allowance/upgraded to car based on performance
- Ability to work in unique market niche with limited competition