This position reports to the head of underwriting for a regional commercial property package specialty underwriter. Based in Northern New Jersey, you will be working at the headquarters of a Fortune 500 specialty insurance division.
While our coverage focuses on multi-story, high-rise condo and co-ops, along with other specialties, we seek anyone possessing strong commercial property package underwriting experience.
Most importantly you will need to demonstrate an ability to supervise 5-10 underwriters.
- Lead and manage a team of underwriters
- Driving marketing and improving relationship building
- Providing a strong level of underwriting expertise and guidance
- Handle/Manage a book of Business for select large accounts or portfolios
- Consult with the SVP Underwriting and other peers to address any technical issues and all emerging underwriting trends
- Participate in the development of new strategies for growth in collaboration with the SVP
- Act as a resource to IT and Operations functions with respect to Underwriting systems
- Assist in the review and approval of data integrity/analysis for Corporate CAT modeling projects
- Manage broker and agent relationships
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience underwriting property and casualty lines of business, with emphasis on commercial package property (habitational, restaurant, Hospitality/hotel, habitational or other similar coverage experience highly desired)
- Strong multiline experience
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to mentor and coach others for high performance
Email updated MS Word resume for confidential evaluation to
This search is a retained opening managed by IRES, Inc. of Charlotte – Your Retained Insurance Executive Recruiters
Visit www.iresinc.com for more information