Specialty Program Actuary
This is a confidential search managed by www.iresinc.com
Here is a unique opportunity to join a national specialty underwriter growing at the rate of 20% both through acquisitions and staff development. Lean, entrepreneurial company that values independent thinking and fresh perspectives, now seeking a Program Actuary in our home office just outside of Philadelphia, Pa.
Required for this position are:
- Property and casualty coverage experience including workers compensation, auto, and related.
- Professional liability a plus – particularly with social service related risks (treatment centers, rehabilitation workers, etc.)
- Experience with managing specialty program executed by Managing General Agent is strongly preferred
- Reports to Chief Operating officer, requires ability to give oral presentations as needed
- Assess, analyze and predict trends, forecasts and events that could improve policy ratings and set premiums to the most competitive rate possible.
- ACAS certification or parts passed (near completion)
- Degree in actuary, mathematics or similar
- Ability to travel a few days each month
What is offered by company:
- Dynamic, fast paced work environment with never a boring day
- Continuous upgrading of systems and technology
- Ability to earn bonus averaging 15-20% of base salary predicated on performance
- Direct access to CEO, COO and other executives of the company without bureaucratic layers of unnecessary management
- Newly created job due to company growth and year over year revenue growth
- A key member of the management team impacting profits and company direction